Today I bring a kind of sad news.
The thing is, I decided to give up on Kaht, that I’ve anouncend previously.
The idea was to create a strategy game following the style of Kingdom but, in the end, there came up some barriers and things got very different from what it was meant to be. The resulting game was far away from the main proposal.
I believe to have found a lot of good graphic resources and it would be a shame to make an awful game with them. Also I’ve been away from the main project for too long.
Meanwhile I came out with some good ideas, some which I would use in Kaht but instead, will be using in Aeternial. And this is a good thing, I guess.
Speaking of the main project, I decided to restart it. There’s a lot of stuff that I don’t like about it and I’m planning to change. Instead of using generic plugins (that could be used in any other game), I’ll create stuff really meant to be used in this game only. Some previously done code will be maintained, like the map generator, the weather effects and the time manager.
So I’ll mostly change the combat system, instead of using something based on skills, I’ll create something based in tools:
- Combat based on actor skills, does not allow actions other than fighting;
- Hotbar can only have skills;
- Useless menus using too much keys and buttons (keyboard and controller).
- Interactions based on the current equiped tool, which allows to have many kinds of interactions and not only on enemies;
- Skills based on the equiped tool;
- It’s possible to create a crafting system;
- The tools can work according to other factors instead of events only, like the tiles around the player;
- The hotbar can have skills and also items, managed by the player.
Besides the combat system, the interface will also be recreated to provide a better experience and integration with the other systems.
Thats it! Hope I can bring something cool next time.