Hello… Passing by to share something cool: a fog of war plugin.
Parameter to enable by default, plugin command “biterfow enable” to enable it and “biterfow disable” to disable it, it’s also possible to manipulate the view range using “biterfow radius X”, where “X” is the range number in tiles.
Free to use in any game with credits given.
Sharing here a simple plugin made to copy events from a source map to te current loaded map.
* This plugin is free to use in any game made with RPG Maker MV
* Credits must be given to Lantiz, inside the game (like in a credits scene)
* Plugin command:
* copyevent sourceMapId sourceEventX,sourceEventY destinationX,destinationY
* Script call:
* $gameMap.copyEvent(mapId, sourceEventX, sourceEventY, destinationX, destinationY);
Just found some old videos hanging in here and decided to share my little experience with C and C++.
The first one is a game engine made in C:
The second is the map editor, this is the second version, therefore it was done in C++:
Just finished to integrate the interface (xD) plugin (biter_hud) to the map generating one.
It’s even possible to activate the fog of war, but sadly, looks like the bitmap object used by the engine (Pixi?) stores a ciclic reference, and so can’t be stringified… that means it can’t be stored into the save file, and so everytime the game is reloaded or the player is transfered from a map to another, the fog of war is reseted.
Also fixed some bugs in the HUD plugin and made a few improvements. Now, the fog of war is not lost when opening the menu. Also changed the way to load event names, it now uses the event note instead of the comment:
‘Name | textColor’ (dont use [‘])
This is a plugin that I made for my game project called Retriever ( no posts yet ), and aims to implement a full featured map hud.
Click here for download
This plugin is free to use in any game made with RPG Maker MV.
Credits must be given to Lantiz, inside the game (like in a credits scene)
- Fixed position after pushing a new scene;
- Fixed fog of war reseting behavior after pushing a new scene, it won’t reset anymore;
- Fixed player icon refresh after cashing the fog of war, when the player icon was outside of the map area;
- The old drawing used to stay on the minimap forever…
Please, check the plugin help section.
- Fog of war can’t be save due to the fact that it requires changing the default save system;
- Disabling fog of war before pushing a new scene will cause it to be lost because no fog of war was stored to be reloaded after;
- Names and bubbles (names ARE bubbles) are still shown after disabling the hud, reloading many events names would cause a big lag, best option is to disable on map transfers.